See it here:
(If anyone has a better version of this, please send it along.)
In any case, first you'll note that this ad, like the Holiday Bowl spot, was paid for by the Nebraska Democratic Party. Recall that back when Nelson was first touting himself on health care re-form, he paid for the ads from his own campaign coffers.
As others have noted, you have to wonder about how Nebraska Democratic candidates up THIS year (we're sure there are a few) feel about the (potential) 2012 candidate getting all the cash thrown at him.
In any case, Nelson probably just pulled his reviewers off the street and threw them in a spot. No?
Well then, let's examine:
- David Hallberg - Prime Biosolutions/Renewable Fuels, over $2,800 in Obama donations
- Dr. Jessica Meeske -- took part in the Obama "here's your white coat" doctor health care event
- Senator Ben Nelson - remember the "Cornhusker Kickback"? That guy.
- Fr. Jack McCaslin - multiple peace activist arrests
- Carol Yoakum - a 2000 Democrat Presidential elector
- Kate Herres - a 27 year old health care worker (we'll leave her alone)
- Ben Nelson - CK
Maybe during the Spring Game?
This from Roll Call (subscription):
“Several high-profile Democrats, including North Dakota Rep. Earl Pomeroy and former Sen. Bob Kerrey (Neb.), are said to be in the running to fill former Oklahoma Republican Gov. Frank Keating’s post as CEO and president of the American Council of Life Insurers.”And we hear of one more high-profile Dem's name being mentioned. One who has first hand insurance industry experience:
Earl Benjamin Nelson (referenced by Kerrey?).
Oh, and the Dems don't have need of his 60th vote anymore...