(Except, of course, that Nelson said he would have been the roadblock in the conference committee, since that's how it's "played".)
Nebraska Senator Ben Nelson told the OWH:
I can stand the heat, so I'm staying in the kitchen. I have no plans to hang it up in 2012.Mmm hmm. OK. Great.
As a commenter noted, what did you expect him to say? "Oh my! With all this negative press and polls I'll be quitting post-haste!"
Anywho, note that Nelson also...
- Demanded the Stupak language be in the health care bill
- Said Reconciliation was a deal breaker for the health care bill
- Via a hug, let Senator Boxer know that he agreed to her abortion language for the bill
- Via crossed fingers, said he really planned to ditch that promise and hold out for the Stupak language
- Blamed the Cornhusker Kickback on Dave Heineman
- Said the Cornhusker Kickback was really placeholder for the USA Kickback
- Said he couldn't hear anyone yelling at the pizza parlor.
- Thinks Diet Dr. Pepper tastes just like regular Dr. Pepper.*
So you, over there, holding your breath for 2012?
Let it out son. Let it out.
On the topic of actual re-election plans, Lee Terry officially plunked down the $1,740 and filed with the Secretary of State for the 2010 ballot yesterday.
We are told that an bigger kickoff will be coming soon.
And here is more info on Terry and White's fundraising for 2009 Q4
Dave Heineman, who recently held a funder in Norfolk, will also have an announcement gig sooner than later.
Oh, and we're hearing that the last gasp for a Dem challenger to Governor Dave may be... state Senator Heath Mello.
Do with that what you will.
Now have yourself a happy little weekend!