Thursday, October 22, 2009
As noted on TV and in the fishwraps, there will likely be a proposal before the Omaha City Council to rename a street in North Downtown, near the new stadium, after former Mayor Mike Fahey.
Interesting question as to whether or not Fahey should get such an honor, or whether other Omahans should receive such a deal as well.
In any case, we polled distinguished Omahans (thank you, all) and came up with the...
Top Ten Things You Need To Know About the New Mike Fahey Street
10. The NCAA maaaaaay take away the CWS if it is not built
9. It will be a toll road.
8. Street construction workers will be allowed to retire at age 25, with a $250,000 lifetime salary
7. They will tear up a street in South Omaha in order to build it
6. Like the former Mayor's office, it will only be open two days a week
5. It will be a state of the art street, but payment will be put off until 2030
4. Mayor Suttle's understanding is that the street's finances are in perfect shape
3. David Sokol will not be allowed to drive on it -- wait, the NCAA says that he can or they'll take away the CWS? -- OK he can drive on it
2. It will actually connect the Lake of the Ozarks with The Holiday
and the number one thing you need to know about the new Mike Fahey Street,
1. A street in name only. If you want to get somewhere, you will have to use Paul Landow Lane.
Posted by Street Sweeper at 5:30 AM