Monday, July 03, 2006

Senate Campaign "News"


July 3rd. For those of us that have to work today...Is it Monday? Is it Friday? I don't know, but here's a random sighting from a few weeks ago posted on Wonkette.com...
Yesterday [6/19] morning I was at Omaha’s Eppley Airfield for a 6 AM flight to D.C. when I noticed the GOP’s latest self-funded darling and senatorial candidate, Pete Ricketts. Within moments, there was a Ben Nelson sighting. Seeing as there are only two direct flights from Omaha to D.C., both of which are flown using the same airplane, it was not that surprising to see the two Senate candidates on the same flight. The part that makes this sighting noteworthy is that the Benator’s seat was directly behind Pete’s! As far as I could tell, and I was sitting only three rows away, the two did not say a single word to each other. It’s ironic that they could not find something to discuss as they agree on about 70% of the issues.

No comments: